Our client in the Manufacturing Industry, based in New Germany, seeks an Accountant/Bookkeeper.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Bookkeeping Diploma, Com or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Bookkeeper
- Computer literate (Excel is essential, as well as a proven working experience on bookkeeping programmes)
- Syspro experience would be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Review cashbook daily
- Update cash flow forecast daily
- Load Creditors payments at month-end (or as required) using Creditors reconciliations received from Creditors Department; Liaise with Creditors Clerks on queries
- Liaise with Debtors Department on receipt of incoming monies
- Perform sundry invoicing from Excel as and when required
- Process month-end journals and prepare financial reports (income statements, balance sheets, etc.) within 5 days after month-end
- Reconcile inter-company loan accounts
- Complete audit file per company/per month including all supporting documentation for use by external auditors to complete year-end audit and financial statements
- Process VAT returns using Syspro on a monthly/bi-monthly basis and submit via e-filing
- Submit PAYE returns via e-filing on receipt of relevant reports from Payroll
- Liaise with Payroll on Medical Aid/Provident/UIF and other relevant payments
- Deal with all queries from management and staff, follow up on payments, handle requests for documentation, etc.
- Keep filing up to date
- Act as back-up to other Bookkeeper(s) in their absence
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Please email CVs to Shona: email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.