Content Manager – Remote position
This is a remote position working for an International organisation that assists their clients manage, maintain, safeguard, and improve their WordPress websites. The working times are 11h00 – 19h00 (SAST).
The position is a Content Manager and is to provide organisation, editorial and execution of all content across all teams. 60% Content Editor & 40% Project Manager
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing / Communications/ Journalism
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience in a Content Editor role
- Ability to use verbal (i.e., phone call) vs. written (i.e., email, direct messages) in appropriate situations and/or engages the relevant task manager or upper management for situational advice.
- Ability to communicate directly to and through the relevant task manager for related updates and risks, as they relate to development and marketing needs.
- Ability to break complex content project needs into task-level items.
- Ability to document, communicate, and understand the cause and effect of a project-based decision, including the decision’s impact on other team members, tasks, or artifacts
- Ensure timely execution, documentation, and delivery of content projects at all
- points in the content production process.
- Maintain high-volume content workflows and editorial calendars for clients
- Edit and proof content in American English and in accordance with the writing
- style guide
- Provide editorial guidance to our team of writers, including:
- Conceptualizing content ideas into detailed assignment briefs
- Answering writers’ clarifying questions
- Sharing constructive feedback and line editing
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders to facilitate revisions and meet project timelines
- Take on writing assignments as needed, including but not limited to blog posts, case
- studies, ebooks, social media copy, webpage copy, marketing collateral, and press
- Conduct content interviews with clients and subject matter experts
- Prepare content for publishing, including sourcing imagery, ensuring proper formatting, and following best practices for SEO and web accessibility
Benefits of this opportunity
- Totally remote working with team members based in SA and USA
- Market related experience-based salary
- Quarterly allowance towards personal development
- Remote based Technology allowance
Salary R 22 – 27 000.00 per month experience dependent
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will be through email only and only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to Zoom interview.