Our client in the manufacturing industry based in Richards Bay seeks a Production / Workshop Manager to manage the manufacture and maintenance processes within the plant.
|· Diploma / BTech / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Trade Test
· Minimum of 10yrs experience in a manufacturing production environment
· Lathes and milling machine knowledge
· Ability to work with technical drawings and specifications.
· Technical capability and understanding/ Attention to Detail and Accuracy
· Experience with SAP
- Prepares daily operating instructions that optimise the performance of the team and communicates.
- Ensures all incidents are responded to, reported and investigated in a timely manner.
- Ensures all workshop equipment is maintained in good condition.
- Working from the BOM, ensuring that production orders for the workshop are generated.
- Forecasts the manufacturing/assembly hours in conjunction with operators.
- Monitoring of actual hours vs quoted hours
- Participates in quotation/tender processes.
- Provides technical guidance to the workshop team during the manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Monitors schedules and ensures implementation accordingly.
- Ensure SAP system is updated with relevant production information.
- Reports problems and possible delays to relevant parties.
- Maximises asset and resource optimization to ensure that production targets and quality standards are met.
- Preparation of workshop forecast for budget meetings
- Ensures products and services meet customer satisfaction.
- Implements and manages a maintenance plan for the site.
- Requests relevant maintenance services to be arranged by Procurement.
- Where possible, schedules maintenance activities with internal resources.
- Ensures maintenance is carried out safely and in accordance with scope of work.
Quality / Health & Safety
- Focuses on quality delivery and minimizing cost impact as a result of quality.
- Participates in NCR meetings and discussion to prevent re-occurrences.
- Maintains a goal of zero defect by choice.
- Ensures compliance to HSE procedures and regulations.
- Ensures production and maintenance is carried out in accordance with the OHS Act (83 of 1995).
- Appointed as Section 16.2.
- Develops and maintain a safe workplace for all employees and contractors
- Ensures controls are in place that protect own and others’ health and safety, the environment and the plant
Competitive salary including Medical Aid, RA & Bonus
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications will only taken via email and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.