Our client, based in the Upper Highway seeks a Senior Network Engineer & Database Administrator.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Database Administration.
• MySQL server experience would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with networks CCENT/CCNA/CCNP/Fortinet Level4
• Supervisory experience – managing and motivating a small team.
• Reliable transport
• Maintain the companies enterprise solution to 99.9% uptime (excludes scheduled maintenance)
• Maintain the companies corporate ITC solution to 99.5% uptime (VC/VOIP/FTP/HTTP – QoS)
• Maintain/Manage the companies corporate/enterprise ITC assets (Capex/Opex annual budget planning/managing monthly expenses against budget)
• Consistently assess security of network and servers to ensure the company is not exposed to new security threats (Regular security Audits and Disaster Recovery Audits, candidate will be the companies security officer)
• Maintain and monitor code deployment by software engineering, including testing and user adoption.
• Manage and generate reports for network and server uptime to assess impact of incidents to the company and the company’s clients
• Field after hour calls when emergencies occur
• Run a continuous improvement program on database servers/structures to make sure DB servers/Application servers are always operating at optimum levels and functions are at the latest levels.
• Do performance testing on databases to identify bottlenecks and propose solutions to the identified issues
• Supervising and up skilling junior members of the IT Team.
Salary: Market Related
Please email CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.