WordPress Web Developer – Remote position
This is a remote position working for an International organisation that assists their clients manage, maintain, safeguard, and improve their websites. Their clients are international, and the working hours are 3:00pm – 12:00am South African Standard Time (SAST)
The position is a WordPress Web Developer, this is a full stack developer position which will involve building, maintaining and improving clients websites. Work each day on a variety of client websites doing everything from update management and quality assurance testing, to new feature development and implementation. Most projects last days or weeks, but rarely months. And most projects start and finish on the same day.
Scoping incoming projects and provide accurate quotes for problem resolution or new feature creation. Common tasks might include debugging WooCommerce Subscriptions hiccups, building new landing pages, or designing a task automation system for internal sales lead flow. The day-to-day work is varied and ever-changing to deliver an exceptional experience to our clients and the rest of the team.
Technologies used daily:
Candidates for this position should be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with the following technologies:
- Build tools like NPM/Gulp/Webpack
- PHP 7 (and 8 on the horizon)
- Local WordPress development tools such as Valet, DesktopServer, Local, or equivalent
WordPress Technologies used regularly:
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Gravity Forms
- Migrate DB Pro
- REST APIs
- Yoast SEO
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Full Stack WordPress Developer
- Strong grasp and understanding of the WordPress theme structure, template hierarchy, template tags, custom post meta, internationalization, and escaping/sanitization of data.
- Knowledgeable with Git version control and branching strategies (we use gitflow).
- Strong command of PHP, HTML, and Sass.
- Experience using the command line, as well as build tools such as Gulp and Webpack.
- Experience with the WooCommerce ecosystem.
- Ability to write a WordPress plugin from scratch.
- Ability to communicate frequently and effectively through project tools such as Bitbucket, Teamwork, and Slack.
- You document and share your work, and always leave a project ready for a team member to collaborate on.
Benefits of this opportunity
- Totally remote working with team members based in SA and USA
- Market related experience-based salary
- Quarterly allowance towards personal development
- Remote based Technology allowance
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will be through email only and only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to Zoom interview.